Geran Khas Prihatin (GKP) or Special Grant is a one-off financial assistance provided to qualified Micro-SME to reduce their financial burden due to Covid-19. The government has allocated RM 600 million for the GKP or Special Grant that is expected to benefit 200,000 micro entrepreneurs.
How to apply for Geran Khas Prihatin (GKP)?
- Login in through https://gkp.hasil.gov.my and click GKP.
- Key in personal IC.
- Applicant need to key in details of spouse if in marriage status.
- Key in business details such as SSM number, License Number, Sales figure 2019 or 2018 and etc.
- Next step, key in the number of employees
- Applicant doesn’t have to attach any documents (subject to change)
Who is qualified to apply Geran Khas PRIHATIN (GKP)/Special Grant?
- Applicant must be Malaysian;
- Applicant is having a small business/Perusahaan Kecil & Sederhana (PKS) as below:
- Total annual sales less than RM300,000; and
- Less than 5 employees (excluding owner).
- Register with Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (LHDNM) or Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan or Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) before or on 31 December 2019;
- Still active in business during submission of the application; and
- Cross-examination of data will be done with agencies appointed by the Ministry of Finance Malaysia.
How much the assistance provided in GKP?
Micro-SME will receive one-off monetary RM3,000 from the government. It is given to micro-entrepreneurs who did not receive the financial assistance for the first time who did not meet the requirement or were not able to apply within the stipulated time.
When you can apply the GKP?
The government has decided to reopen the application for the Special Prihatin Grant (GKP) from October 1 until October 31, 2020.
When the grant will be paid?
Successful applicants will receive the Geran Khas Prihatin financial assistance starting from November 25, 2020. Grant will be banked in qualified applicant’s active bank account.
Applicants who wish to apply for Geran Khas Prihatin/Special Grant can click here.