Starting your marketing and sales strategy with a strong foundation is easier said than done. Marketing strategies to improve sales are important. But, without getting the righ kind of sales planning behind it, it won’t help to grow your business. 2020 is less than a month away, it’s the right time to update your marketing strategies. Out with the 2019 marketing trends, in with the 2020 marketing strategies to increase sales!
1. Data-driven marketing
Data-driven marketing is the utilisation of customer information to maximise ad spend and ad messages. There are a few tools available to leverage customer information that you may use. Some of the benefits of these data-driven marketing strategies are:
- Target the right customers, prospects, and leads. Marketing campaigns will be improved by showing business ads only on the right platforms and websites.
- Create the appropriate messages that lure customers in. Your messages should be geared towards the right audience as if you’re talking to them face to face.
- Companies will not waste money on buying the wrong marketing media. Through data-driven platforms, ad spend is invested only in media types that generate conversions.
2. Determine your customers’ pain points
Identifying your customers’ pain points will help you craft a fantastic message that will pique emotions. Some of these customers may not even realise that they are experiencing a problem. So, you have to make them realise that they are experiencing this problem. Then, show how your product or service can help them resolve their pain points. Three common types of pain points applicable such as:
- Monetary: Prospective customers might be burning away money on crappy services or products. So, you can then highlight your product’s or service’s competitive price.
- Productivity: Prospective customers might be tired of using a product that eats up most of their valuable time. Use this advantage to enumerate your product’s or service’s features and benefits. Mention your current customers’ positive, productive experiences.
- Support: Prospective customers might not be getting a reliable, friendly, and supportive customer service throughout an entire sales process. So, you can reassure the prospects that your hand-holding customer support is at their disposal.
3. Optimise video contents
Video content is making waves in digital marketing. If your customers are doing it, then you should too. If you already have a hand full of content in your blog or website, make it into videos to lure more potential customers. Whether it’s a short clip or a long video, marketers nowadays use this media to engage prospects and convert leads. Make sure that the videos are mobile-friendly though.
4. Maximise the usage of Instagram story feature
Social media is a great marketing tool for your business. Instagram for intance, spearheaded this type of social media marketing. Increse your company’s trustworthiness by updating live stories behind-the-scenes snippets. Create creative and enjoyable polls that can engage your followers.
5. Listen to your customers
A one-size-fits-all marketing approach is not suitable in this day and age. Different people have different needs, and varied in experience. There are a lot of different tools you can use to gather customer information. Personalise the data, create buyer personas, target audience on social media platforms, strategise a funnel – anything you can do to generate leads.
6. Optimise voice searches
We all have to agree that consumers are getting lazier by the minute. With the advancement of technology and our mobile phones, some people don’t want to type on their gadgets anymore. By 2020, studies show that more than 50% of search results will be through voice searches. So it is suggested to optimise your content so they’re searchable through voice technology. Here are a few tips:
- Determine voice keywords
- Use long-tail keywords
- Add FAQs and sprinkle these questions all over your content
- Use voice technology for local searches
- Make sure the page loads fast. The average voice search result is 4.6 seconds.
7. Make your social media visible
Some of the best marketing strategies to increase sales involve social media. That’s because almost all people have social media accounts. Improve social media presence to communicate with existing and prospective customers. This is also a great way to gather feedback, suggestions, and complaints to enhance your service further.
8. Update your SEO keyword usage
SEO is one of the most affordable and effective marketing tactics in 2020. However, a lot has changed since its implementation. For instance, algorithms no longer pay attention to how many times the keywords are repeated in an article. Try to focus more on synonyms and similar keywords instead. Another thing is using long-tail keywords since they are less competitive than short-tail keywords and would make your content rank better.