1. There are 4 variants on offer. Trim levels are Standard (2WD), Executive (2WD and 4WD), and Premium (2WD).
2. All variants will feature a 1.8 litre TGDi turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 181 hp and 285 Nm of torque.
3. The X70 debuts Proton’s new ethereal bow grille design with three horizontal bars that converge into the Proton badge. The entire piece is encased in thick chrome surrounds.
4. 2-Tone rims wrapped in Hankook Dynapro HP2 225/60/r18 were shown. The spare was an 18” space saver.
5. It gets keyless entry with active touch sensors on the front door handles as well as a push-start.
6. The interior is fairly similar to the Geely Boyue facelit. It finishes are black synthetic leather and brown Nappa leather. The brown Nappa leather finish features some use of synthetic leather.
7. It presents the “Smartphone Remote Control” and “Smart Air Purifier” features, the latter in reference to the “Air Cleaner” system that can be found above the rear air-con vent between the front seats.
8. A tyre pressure monitoring system is also on the equipment list, and safety kit will include six airbags.
9. The output seen on the 1.8 litre TGDi turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine is the highest tune available for the petrol-powered Boyue, and the mill is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
10. The available exterior colour options are Flame Red, Snow White, Armour Silver, Jet Grey and Cinnamon Brown.
So, what do you think of the Proton X70? Is it living up to the hype? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to stay tuned for more updates.